Changing an item's category is incredibly simple, and the good news is there are 3 ways to do it!
Here's option number one:
1. Once you've entered the item you want to add an item to a list, go ahead and tap the Details button.
2. On this screen, you'll be able to select a category that you'd like to assign to that item. For our example, we're putting Milk in the Dairy category.
3. After that, don't forget to tap Done and then the checkmark in the upper right-hand corner. And then voila, assigned a Category to your item.
Option number two:
So you've already added an item to your list, but want to assign it a new category? Well, here's how.
1. First go ahead and tap on the item you want to reassign a category to, and then tap the Edit icon.
2. To create a new category for that item, tap the tag icon with the plus sign. This will let you create a new category for that specific item.
3. Type in the category name you'd like to assign to that item. Also, here's a great tutorial for managing your categories!
Note:Don't forget to tap the check mark in the upper right-hand corner, and do the same once your back at the same screen from Step 2. Once you've done that, you've assigned an item a category (see, super simple!).
Lastly, you can assign an item a category simply by dragging and dropping it to another category inside a list.
1. Choose the item that you'd like to which you'd like to reassign a different category. However, don't just tap the item. Rather hold your finger to it for a few seconds, and you'll see 3 horizontal lines appear to the right of the item name.
Those 3 horizontal lines act as grips, letting you move the items to any category you choose. However, if you move an item from a category that no longer has any items in it, the category will go away.
There you go! 3 different ways to assign items categories.
Want to save as much money as you can? See how to mark items with coupons!