Now that you have your Out of Milk account paired with your Alexa device, here's a quick tutorial on how to use Alexa.
- To open Out of Milk with Alexa, say "Alexa, ask Out of Milk"
- To add items to your list, (once your Out of Milk skill is opened), say, "Add milk".
- To remove an item from your list, simply say, "Remove apples". Likewise, you can say, delete, take away, to get rid of items.
- To see what lists you have, say, "Tell me my lists" or "What lists do I have"
- To see what list you're in, say, "What list am I in?"
- At the moment, you can add no more than two items at once. For example, you can say, "Add milk and carrots".
- At the moment, you also can't adding specific brands with Alexa being able to recognize it. For instance, if you say, "Add Snickers bar" it won't register it at the moment.
- The first time you use Alexa, it will create a list called Alexa by default. To switch to a different list, simply say, "Switch to X list".
- With Alexa, you are unable to access lists that were shared with you from Alexa itself. However, as long as both of you have the list on your device (phone), you can add items to it!