Every item has a category and is grouped in your lists by that category. When you change an item's category, all future additions to a list of that item will maintain the new category.
Permanently assigning a new category must be done on the edit item page.
1. Open a shopping or pantry list and:
- For a new item - Type in your item into the Add Item field. Select the pencil symbol to edit the item's details
- For an item already existing on your list - Select the item to edit item's details
2. Select the arrow in the Category drop down to change the item to an existing category or to create a new category to add the item to
3. Select Save to confirm the new category of your item
4. The next time you add the item by either typing it in or selecting from your item history (the clock symbol), it will automatically categorize into its newly assigned category
- Dragging and Dropping an item to a new category will not save that newly assigned category the next time you add it
- Barcode Scanned Items will automatically categorize when you assign them a new category with the method above.
Now that you've got your items organized, let's organize those categories.
Looking to eliminate your items sorting by category altogether? Learn how!